A sample account is a master record containing data that is transferred when you create G/L account master records in the company code area.
When you create a G/L account master record in the company code, the system transfers the data from the sample account. Sample accounts are dependent on the chart of accounts. As a result, you can use a sample account only in the chart of accounts in which it is created.
The sample account BANK has been created for the chart of accounts AAAA. It can be assigned to one or more G/L accounts in this chart of accounts only. It cannot be used for any other charts of accounts.
- Sample accounts are dependent on the chart of accounts.
- You must not enter sample accounts in the chart of accounts as G/L account master records.
- Sample accounts have an effect only when you create a master record.
- Sample accounts are assigned to the corresponding G/L account master records in the chart of accounts.
- You can create as many sample accounts as you require.
- You cannot post to sample accounts